Police Arrest Kano Arsonist Who Killed Three

0 18

The Kano State Police Command has arrested an arsonist, resident of Kano for his part in killing three members of the same family.

The Kano State Police Command has arrested an arsonist, resident of Kano for his part in killing three members of the same family.

Salisu Idris, 25, was arrested on Friday for allegedly setting a house ablaze.

Idris is a mobile phone dealer at Farm Centre.

Police Arrest Kano Arsonist Who Killed Three

The State police spokesman, DSP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa confirmed the arrest of the suspect.

DSP Kiyawa said the incident happened on Wednesday at Gayawa Tsohuwa Village, Ungogo Local Government Area of the state.

The victims were a couple and their two-year-old daughter.

He said, “On Wednesday, around 3:00 a.m., we received a report of a strange fire incident at Gayawa Tsohuwa, in Ungogo LGA, which we promised to investigate. 

“Shortly after the report, the Commissioner of police, summoned all the tactical units, the Area Commander of the Metro Division, including the DPO of Zango Division.  

“He gave them 24hours to produce the perpetrators of the heinous crime, prompting them to immediately swung into action.

“Using our community policing strategies, we were able to trace, track and arrested one person, identified as, Salisu Idris of Gayawa Gabas village in the same Ungogo Local LGA.

“We traced him and arrested him, with some wounds on his body. We interrogated him and found out that they were two, who carried out the heinous act.

“The other suspect is still at large but very soon, we’ll get him.”

Someone Hired Me To Burn The House For N200,000 – Arsonist

The suspect told journalists that a friend hired him with a promise to pay N200,000.

Idris said he planned to spend the money on the enrolment at the Yuruf Maitama Sule University, Kano.

He confessed, “A friend of mine urged me to accompany him to the house, promising that at the end of the operation, he will shower me, with N200, 000.

“We both arrived at the premises around 2:00 a.m., climbed the wall into the building, armed, with petrol, which we sprayed and lit a match. In the process,  it burnt my hands and legs.”

Idris arrived home with injuries he sustained from the inferno but lied to his grandmother that he got it from a tea joint.

“l hid the truth from my grandfather, whom I told that I sustained the injuries in a fire incident at Mai Shayi, (Tea joint).”

The family rushed Idris to community clinic , then referred to a Hospital at Minjibir, where the police tracked and arrested him.


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy

Follow this blog

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.