One dies, others injured as Fulani herdsmen, Hausa clash

1 2


Fulani Herdsmen clash with Hausa

Abuja — One person was allegedly killed and others seriously injured while a house was razed as Fulani herdsmen and Hausa natives clashed over stolen motorcycle in Kubwa district, Abuja, yesterday.

This led to confusion as residents ran for safety while others locked themselves in.

The fracas, according to Vanguard investigations, was sparked off at 3 a.m,  when the motorcycle belonging to an Hausa man was allegedly stolen by Fulani herdsmen.

The dispute heated up at 10a.m, when the stolen motorcycle was traced to the Fulani herdsman’s abode at Kubwa Extension II, off Arab Road, Abuja.

An eyewitness, who spoke to Vanguard, narrated: “The Fulanis are fond of robbing Okada riders and stealing their motorcycles at Kubwa, especially on this Arab Road.

“They stopped the Okada man very close to the  Glass church on Arab Road, macheted the rider and the passenger and stole his Okada only for it to be discovered that it was the Fulani herdsmen that carried out the robbery.

“In an attempt to protest the Fulani terrorism in the area, Okada riders, who were fed up with the constant attack on their colleagues, traced the Fulanis to where they live and argument occurred in the process.”

The eyewitness further told Vanguard that the Fulanis had guns and other weapons which they fought the Hausas for daring to come to their domain.

He added that the Okada riders had to retreat to equip themselves and returned before the fight started.

Both sides sustained serious injuries, as the person that was badly injured  was said to have been taken to Kubwa GeneralHospital but died before he could be treated.

Investigations revealed that the Fulani herdsmen fled with their cows through the mountain behind their abode when they sighted over 100 Okada riders driving towards them to retaliate their injured and dead colleagues.

Contacted on the incident, FCT Police Commissioner, Mr Femi Ogunbayode, confirmed the clash, saying, however, that the situation was brought under control after a house belonging to the Fulanis was razed.

Personnel of the FCT Police Command, who were drafted to the scene of the clash, confirmed that one person died.

The police consequently deployed men to Kubwa and its environs.

Reported by Vanguard


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy

Follow this blog

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.