Ladies, it’s swoon time.
Hunktacular Australian actor Hugh Jackman — who looks as amazing while shirtless, showing ripped abs and rocking Wolverine’s claws as he does singing, dancing and gliding across the screen in fare like Les Miserables — is hosting the 2014 Tonys this Sunday, June 8. Even if you’ve never seen a Broadway show and despise musical theater, Mr. Jackman, and any instances of Neil Patrick Harris, really, are reason enough to tune in to the ceremony.
Jackman, who also hosted the 2009 Oscars and turned down the 2011 gig, is a well-rounded entertainer, who does action movies and graphic novel adaptations, which are really his signature, as flawlessly as theatrical epics. Come on — who doesn’t love Hugh!? He was also the Sexiest Man Alive a few years back, further upping his already highly trading stock.
Below you will find all of the critical intel about Hugh Jackman. Please note that we are not responsible for the quickening of your pulse or the changes in your body temperature or the weakness in your knees upon looking at the accompanying pics.
Go ahead, brush up on your Hughstory.
1. Sexy and smart, Jackman has a degree in communications and journalism from the University of Technology in Sydney in his native Oz.
2. The actor had recent two bouts with skin cancer, one in November and one in May. He had basal cell carcinomas on his nose; thankfully, those are the least fatal type and were detected early. His wife, who he lovingly refers to as “Deb,” urged him to get the mark on his sniffer checked. Thanks, Deb. Good lookin’ out!
4. That’s “Deb.” Jackman and wife Deborra-Lee Furness, who is 13 years his senior. They met on the set of the TV show Correlli. Jackman designed her engagement ring and they wed on April 11, 1996. The pair suffered through two miscarriages. They eventually adopted Oscar and Ava and are a big, happy family.
5. He is versatile — his previous jobs include a gas station attendant and a birthday party clown. Um, we like the visual of the former more than the latter.
6. He’s left-handed. See Hugh the southpaw with pen in hand here.
7. Jackman once consumed 6,000 calories a day to pack on the pounds for one of the Wolverine films. He called the diet “rough,” since he was exceeding the normal 3k calorie a day recommendation. Rough? How was he able to move or even breathe after chowing down on that much food?
8. Jackman and his four siblings put on magic shows when they were kids. That’s Furness, actress Michelle Williams and Jackman, BTW. #Awesome.
9. He was 40 when PEOPLE (rightfully) christened him the Sexiest Man Alive back in 2008. Swoonin’ for Hugh.
10. He sang at Nicole Kidman’s wedding to Keith Urban in 2006. #AussieStrong.